Git-based collaboration platform

A high scale collaboration platform with autonomous organization capabilities.
The aim is to provide groups, organizations and companies with a robust tool that would enable its users to form a democratic community whereby each user has a direct impact on the consensus and decision making of the group. (Imagine, for example, a space where a huge group of scientists around the globe can collaborate together on a vaccine for the Coronavirus).

Let’s start by sharing this tech spec map we drew up (early stages):

I’ll explain each of the components from the point of view of a Community/Organization board (e.g: “Coronavirus treatment community”):

1. Domain (e.g: “experiments”) - a sort of category. Each board can have multiple Domains and each Domain can have multiple Sub-Domains. A domain consists of 3 main components:
    A. Consensus - the collective general agreement for the domain. Consensus can be achieved by using version control such as git for iteration of conduct and by a governance system (voting & reputation) for decision making.
    B. User Reputation - explained below
    C. Items - each domain has around 5 types of items;
    Sub-Domains are domains within a domain.
    Tasks are action items for the community and they have their own Consensus.
    Funding is a funding request for a specific task or a funding request for the community. The amount of money, once agreed upon, will be taken out of the Collective Wallet and transferred for that specific goal.
    Conversation Thread is a discussion around a specific domain.
  2. Collective Wallet - holds the resources a community has.
  3. Reputation - user’s reputation determines their impact on decision making. Users have general reputation and per-domain reputation which is derived from domains and sub-domains up the stack.

That’s the gist of it. I skipped some definitions to avoid making this too cumbersome.

I’m aware this is very raw and a lot to chew on. The idea is to get a conversation started and seeing how we can build and improve on this architecture. I will go into more detail as the conversation matures.

We’re looking for people who want to help out with the architecture, development, outreach and anything that can help push this thing forward.

Join our slack channel: https://join.slack.com/t/teamup-collective/shared_invite/zt-d9ufl4xy-qnR90D39nCBSmgj0lPgNgQ

Looking forward to hearing your insights.

Why is git a base for this?

I m interested in this project,how may i help

For Consensus to be effective, there needs to be an ongoing, active process of correction by the community at play. The idea is that anybody in a given community could, in affect, “branch out” of the origin consensus branch and push his proposal for a consensus change, and then people from the community would be able to vote yes/no for it to become the new consensus, as well as suggest changes on top of it. A very efficient way of achieving that is using git.